- story by Sto Isoned BV
Good design concepts combine great aesthetics and strong functionality. Therefore, Sto offers appealing innovative hard claddings on external wall insulation systems. Both the StoBrick program and Sto-Ecoshapes offer architects the possibility to design individual hard façade cladding materials. Both product lines have strong customizable features.
A special level of customisation is offered by Sto-Ecoshapes. This versatile facade finish allows architects to influence different phases in the production process for elements like form, size, colour, texture, add-ons, patterns and joints. Unlimited colour variations are possible by editing the pigments of the base material in the beginning of the production process, by the inclusion of add-ons in the shaping process or by colour details afterwards. This material consists of prefab render elements: the natural ingredient sand gives the material a rough and grained appearance.
Sto-Ecoshapes is one of the most sustainable façade cladding materials in Sto’s collection. The production process uses very little energy resulting in 3 times less CO2 emmissions opposed to traditional facades. Sto-Ecoshapes: new possibilities for the individual design of facades.
• Extreme customizable features: form, shape, pattern, colours, texture and add-ons (> 300m2)
• Based on a natural resource: sand
• Rough and stony appearance
• Possibility to follow the curves of the façade with rounded edges and organic shapes
• Dried on 60°C, so 5 times less CO2 emmission and 3 times less energy needed for production (compared to traditional produced ceramic bricks)